Today we flash back to a post I wrote two years ago: 9 Ways Your Hair is Like Your Life. At the time, I had just gotten a haircut and was very unhappy about the way it looked. Similarly, right now I am now having some really terrible hair issues. So terrible and disheartening that I don’t even want to write about them, and all I can say is that I’ll probably be wearing a hat every day for the next two months.
So it’s probably good that I take the time today to remind myself of these nine life lessons from two years ago, and add a tenth one on for good measure.
WHY YOUR HAIR IS LIKE YOUR LIFE…
1. There will be good days and bad days.
2. You can’t recreate the perfect day.
3. Yours will never be like someone else’s.
4. Don’t be afraid to try new things.
5. Sometimes you do everything right and it still doesn’t work out.
6. Sometimes it surprises you — in good ways and bad.
7. Work within your limitations and find a way to be happy.
8. Don’t spend too much time worrying about it.
9. Enjoy it while you have it.
10. Hair is just the stuff growing on top of your head; the really important thing is what’s going on inside of it.